From:
Rob Green <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 May 2006 11:55:29 -0400
High Fructose Corn Sweeteners... used in soft drinks instead of cane
sugar for the last generation, is now being blamed for obesity. One
of the suggestions is that is suppresses a chemical that tells you
you've had enough carbs or are full, and promotes over consumption.

My question is this, HFCS is an economical food for bees over the
winter. What assurances do we have that none of it is transferred up
to the honey supers? At what level is HFCS actually discernable in honey?

For those who want organic, or at least natural, honey... would that
preclude the beekeeper from feeding HFCS?

Please don't turn this question into a question of what constitutes
organic honey, but I'm wondering if HFCS is already in a lot of honey
and just at level deemed acceptable or non-detectible.