From:
Charles Linder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Aug 2016 09:48:41 -0500
My reading of their results suggests that at the field-realistic doses that they tested, the effect was minimal.  That's why I'm wondering whether the  failure rate of queens mated to drones reared in the neonic-rich Midwestern environment was noticeably higher than that of queens reared without such exposure (such as California queens).

Okay,  but that’s as nebulous as you can get.  In one area (CA) you have commercial breeders with a standard of expectation, and usually a set replacement routine,  many run singles.   Here in the Midwest  the standard is doubles,  the number of commercial guys with the sdame standards is quite minimal at best.
So what is Higher?  Noticeably higher?  Faster???  Whats standard??

I can tell you this,  I maintain about 80 hives that are pretty much no touch.  I treat for mites after frost, and take honey.  Never requeened them in the last 6 years.  They usually are my top producers. (they don't migrate at all either)  by now they all have theier own mated queens.  Yes  some die and are replaced with local swarms.

Charles