Date:
Tue, 11 Jul 2017 05:06:39 -0400
"But the proof can be found at any beekeeper meeting.
Ask the old guys, and ask about old fellows who recently gave up the craft."

The age of the average beekeeper seems to be much greater than that of the population as a whole.  Do bee stings affect earsight?  A high proportion of people at beekeepers' meetings wear hearing aids!

I once went up into his attic with my early mentor, Roy Page, when he was a mere 93 to retrieve an observation hive which we set up in his garden with a swarm.  I think he still had it 3 years later when he drove himself to hospital to have a tooth out and died under the anaesthetic.  He recalled seeing Halley's comet on 2 visits!  Not many people can say that!

Chris