From:
Arne Haugaard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Oct 2002 15:57:01 -0500
Hello All,

I´m doing tests myself now, I´ve used Copper Gluconate in the second
apiinvert winter feeding 27 Kg, inverted sugar solution and 9 grams of
Copper Gluconat.
I´ve done Varroa Mite count for 4 hives during this autum from the date
06-09-2002 to 10-10-2002.

The count is from 231 mites to 321 mites pr. hive for this period, numbers
dropping rapidly as the last Brood is out.
You be your own judge of these numbers, the interesting part will be
to se if I have bees next autum ....

As to the residue issue, look at your vitamin and mineral tablets,
recomended daily amount of copper pr. human being is 2 mg(in Denmark).
I´m testing my honey next year and it´ll be interesting to se how much the
copper residue has increased, remember that copper is already in the honey,
low values - but it´s already there.
Issues regarding resistance problems with pesticides/antibiotics contra
Copper treatments - we´ll time will tell.

Best regards Arne Haugaard(Danish beekeeper)