Date:
Tue, 30 Jul 2013 10:43:23 -0600
> I have also explained at length how one can model these forces to
> create the same EXACT shapes with no skill and no bees at all, and
> cited several peer-reviewed papers where the mechanisms were not just
> discussed any analyzed, but actually put to the test in practical
> experimentation.

The consideration that has not entered this discussion and which tends
IMO to confirm the contentions of the above writer is the case of odd
cells and transition cells and their non-standard shapes and sizes.  We
see such "cells" naturally form in soap bubbles.

The discussion so far seems to assume that all honeycomb cells will be
built the same size and shape, which they are not, except on foundation,
and even then, not always.

The surface tension (or whatever force) argument would seem more
plausible in these cases, unless we assume that the bees actually
consider the problem presented by transitions and/or have body parts
suited to measuring out the odd dimensions required for transition cells.