From:
Bill Truesdell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Dec 1999 06:39:57 -0500
I may be totally off base here, but my read of the problems with the Small
Hive Beetle is that it is proving to be a localized problem and mainly in
the honey house and not hives. So before we start treating for the SHB and
paving over our apiaries, how much of a problem is it really for those of
us outside of Flordia and who do not have honey houses?

Anyone in the North decimated by it? It is in Maine and have heard nothing,
compared to tracheal mites and varroa.

One of the great things about this list is you can hear from beekeepers
from all over. That is also one of its drawbacks, because beekeeping
conditions vary, and the problem in one area may be nonexistrant in
another, but our nature is to apply what happens in our area, universally.

Bill Truesdell
Bath, ME