From:
Ken Adams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Aug 1995 02:48:16 EST
I guess I have drawn a slightly different conclusion...
I think bees are drawn to sweat for moisture and salts...
I used to wear a braided leather belt and bees were there
in abundance landing, sucking, etc.  I was only in trouble
when turning or wind change direction and an untucked-in
shirt tail suddenly covered them...

I think they do someting similar for watches be it leather banded
or metal....trouble comes when wrist is flexed...skin bunches a
bit before the watch band and they get pinched or sense sudden
change in position,light,movement, etc..

I don't believe it is reflected light and/or sound as if I am
were gloves even ventilated ones while wearing watches...one
on each arm...I haven't noticed any problem.....

Arm pit and groin area when wearing shorts and a muscle shirt
in 90 to 100 degree F heat ARE PRIME targets

Cannot comment on rings or ear rings as I don't wear/have any
of these....

Perhaps flex watchband holds odors much light a light wool
jacket.....wool and bees don't mix...wool jacket, wool socks,
wool pants are no no nos!   Then again that's how I was dressed
when I first encountered a knocked over hive some 15 or 20 years
ago....I was fascinated then, discovering queen, brood, workers,
and drones....and I still spend as much time as I can observing
them today....nothing like napping and/or daydreaming a few feet
from the landing board...wondering where they have been, what
they are collecting today, etc......One can't describe the cool
fragrant breeze my hives produce during a honeyflow..

Back to work.....Hope to see some of you at EAS'95 later this
week.

Sincerely,
[log in to unmask] - Ken Adams, Adams' Apiaries
Let me sweeten your day!