From:
"Cecile T. Kohrs" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Oct 1996 23:49:22 -0400

<< Cecile asks if various honey taste sweeter.  We had a "honey" tasting at
one
 our beekeeping assoc. meetings and were astounded at the various levels of
 "sweet" they all had.  Laboratory tests might have shown that the sugar
level
 or sweetness level was all the same but our tastebuds said differently.  Try
 this at your next meeting, it's as much fun as a wine tasting and you can
 drive home afterwards safely.

I don't mean to harp on this, but it really does affect one's cooking with
honey. I used a different honey to make more fruit bread, and the last batch
was awful. It has a nice honey flavor, but it didn't bake well at all. That's
probably one reason why people have less desire to bake with it. It's not
like you can modify one recipe once and have done.