From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Mar 2000 20:45:30 -0500
If i am not the first to post this important news please forgive me but felt
to important to ignore.
When i returned a few minutes ago from the bee yards and checked todays
snail mail i recieved the following news. Almost knocked me over as i
thought progress was being made and only a small problem with packaging was
taking place. From Mid-Con.
The Formic Acid gel pack available under the name Apicure will not be
available to beekeeping supply dealers until fall.
Good news in same memo is as follows.
The makers of Apistan are working to get another product approved any day!
This will be fed in sugar syrup and will be systemic to the mites. The mites
will bite the bees and get the chemical that way. It will be called Apitol.
I will try and call Mid-Con tomorrow and see if i can get information but i
do have the above in writing and was informed by other beekeepers over 200
mailings with above were mailed.
Bob