From:
Charles Linder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Dec 2016 09:31:28 -0600
>>>   Bees <tend> to trans-locate wax on a regular basis.

I didn't realize this was even in question....  My comment was intended to ponder if this trait had some effect on how they may absorb chemicals from the wax during the process. Not sure if that’s strictly a mandible action or if some ingestion may be involved???

Long been using the relocation of wax as a tool.  I don't worry a bit about bees drawing wax any time of the year.  If it’s the right season, obviously they do it on their own.  If no nectar flow and we need some we use triple coated wax foundation,  or dipped foundation with enough wax on it to be drawn out into cells.  Even bees that are not in "wax mode" will draw a heavy dipped frame out in short order.
In fact this last year when I bought foundation I paid extra to have it coated super heavy  Our deep foundation has 20-25 grams of wax on it to start with.

Charles