From:
Peter Borst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Jan 2024 19:24:19 -0500
> those who would stand to benefit the most by advances in the battle against varroa, (presumably large commercial operations where livelihoods are at stake)

I don't think you can assume that is to whom he was referring. However, people have every right to be skeptical. Researchers have been working on varroa resistant bees for many decades. The opposite approach is believe the people who say "everything works if you let it."  No, not everything works, least of all wishful thinking.