From:
Michael Oberle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Aug 1998 13:55:41 -0500
This is how many of the
>worlds pennicillen (sp?) resistant strains of all sorts of bacteria
>have evolved. Farmers in feedlots in some countries feed this
>antibiotic to cows to increase among other things milk production

I have to answer this one.   Dairy farmers are not allowed to sell milk for
human  comsumption that has been contaminated with antibiotics.  It has
nothing to do with antibiotic resistant bacteria.   It has to do with people
drinking contaminated milk who are allergic to antibiotics.   This has been
in effect since the 1960's.

Thanks
Michael Oberle

Network Technical Services Inc.

Minnesota

The place where absolutely nothing is allowed.