From:
Kelley Rosenlund <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Oct 1996 09:54:10 -0400
>I've been keeping bees for 14 years and have never used frame grips.  But
>for some reason I'm considering it. I think it's because I just finished A
>Book Of Bees by Sue Hubbell and she uses them. So who uses frame grips and
>who doesn't? What are the pros and cons?

I was given a set of grips and found them to be helpful in removing those
tight frames. The problem: it is one more thing to carry/lose. I have found
that using a hive tool with the frame hook on the end is a good compromise.

God Bless,
Kelley Rosenlund  [log in to unmask]
Gainesville, Florida, U.S.A., Phone:352-378-7510
200 hives, 1 year in beekeeping.