From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 May 2006 11:14:22 -0500
Roger,
I am afraid you are victim of a hoax. However I will give you the benefit of
the doubt but need a bit more information if possible. If you can provide
privately specific information about the Texas beekeepers suspected of the
export by private email I will look into the problem.

Your post is too general for us to even look into.

> The total number of queens could be as high as 100,000.

"could be"?????

Your information source  is suspect until he/she can provide at least some
dates/airlines/shippers and receivers.

If you consider the alleged queens were shipped in 500 queen battery boxes
then we are talking 200 shipments. The scale of the alleged queen import
and from Texas make me suspect a hoax.

What time of year?

 >The importers, exporters and airline that carry the bees are all acting
illegally

Maybe airlines if listed as bees but not if sent in say "tropical fish"
boxes. Airlines assume little responsibility for freight content.

>Needless to say these imports need to be stopped as soon as possible even
though it is probably too late.

I have got contacts which would look into the alleged situation but need a
bit more information to go on. "If" these queens are being shipped in a
manner other than as *queens in battery boxes* then we need specific
information to start a search to stop the alleged problem.

Sincerely,
Bob Harrison