From:
Jim Moore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Oct 1997 16:23:50 EST
        I'm curious about the various techniques used when decapping frames with
a decapping fork. I had always assummed that one just scratched the cappings
with the points to the fork. However the first person I saw using one was
"shoveling" the capping by sliding the fork tines under the cappings and
lifting. After a number of interations that tines were scraped of into the
capping bucket and the process repeated. The "damage" to the comb was minimal
and the wax taken had very little honey. Granted he was only doing a few supers.

        Anyone care to describe their decapping fork technique?

        Regards,

                Jim Moore
                4 Hives
                Central Ma.