Date:
Fri, 20 Jul 2018 02:36:59 +0000
Put an empty box or two at the bottom, then a queen excluder, another box to contain the shook bees, and then shake all the frames into the empty boxes.  After you get one box of frames shaken out, you can put that box on the bottom in place of the empty box there.  If there is a queen there you'll usually find her on the queen excluder.  Lot of work though.
Mike in LA

 Anne Bennett wrote:

 I will very definitely make sure, before I put
her in, that there's no queen or queen cell in the hive.