From:
Marian Pintilie <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 1 Dec 1997 01:50:57 +0200
Hi everybody,

thank you for feeding my curiosity about acacia tree origin and
non christalyzing types of honey.

It was very instructive.

For those who ask me about acacia crop in Romania I had to give some
suplementary information.(not officially,only from my personal
experience).
On previous years when all seasons come and go on time we could harvest
acacia 3 times (from mid april up to end of may)(we had a mobile apiary)
due to different time of blooming from Danube up to subcarpatic regions.
This was meaning 25-35 kg/hive/year on to a very good year.
Now it seems that the spring is disappearing.In 96 winter end on mid
april
and after some days summer come , acacia bloomed everywhere and was
burned
by excessive heat.Crop=1kg/hive.This year almost same problem,but after
winter started a rainy period . Crop=2kg/hive.
That was happened in my region.In others maybe it was better.

Costel