From:
Charles Harper <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Charles Harper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Jun 1997 06:43:43 -0600
On Thu, 5 Jun 1997 16:46:39 EDT, Jim Moore wrote:

>        I have a hive that seems to have alot of pollen frames.
>
>        Is it ever the case that a hive can be pollen bound?
>
>        How many frames of pollen is reasonable for 2 deep brood hive?
>
>        Does it ever make sense to remove frames of pollen and replace with
>foundation to increase the egg laying space?
>
>        If so, can these be stored (frozen I would assumes to avoid wax
>moths) and reused later when making splints or nucs or for winter stores?
>
>        If the frames are discarded does it just go in the solar wax melter
>as is?
>
>        Thanks in advance,
>
>                Jim Moore

I would be on the lookout for a bad queen if the brood nest is full of pollen and littlie
brood. The frames of pollen can be stored in the freezer for future use. Over 4 frames
would be too much i would think.No reasion to melt them down just give them to another
hive that is short on pollen.

Charles Harper
Harper's Honey farm
1000 + Colonies