From:
Eric Abell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Jun 1995 23:48:44 -0600
If you think there is a chance of there being a laying queen or about to
be a laying queen but are not certain, how about moving a frame with eggs
and your larvae from your good hive to the week hive.  If there is a
queen you will only have boosted the population.  If there is no queen at
least the bees have eggs and larvae from which to make another.  You
might do this every few days until somebody starts laying eggs.

I would not worry about swarming in a weak hive - that is usually not
going to happen.  And if it does - have you really lost much?

Good luck.

Eric Abell                           email: [log in to unmask]
Gibbons, AB, T0A 1N0
Canada
(403) 998 3143