From:
Randall Austin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Jul 2016 22:58:28 -0400
On 7/18/2016 11:59 AM, randy oliver wrote:
> What we see is that so long as there is a drone comb in each
> hive, the bees don't rework worker combs into drone comb.

That's been my anecdotal observation as well. And colonies with
designated drone frames don't seem to build drone cells between the top
and bottom frames, at least when I've used them. I've begun touting them
not for varroa control but for keeping the nest tidy.

Randall Austin

Piedmont North Carolina