From:
Jerry Bromenshenk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Jan 2018 19:05:58 -0500
I am interested in what other states are doing.   In MT, we still have an enforceable bee law, and it has specific stipulations  about honey bee health certificates - who does the  inspections,  costs, etc.  We also have a lot of rural areas with only one, maybe two veterinarians within a 100 or more miles.  That makes the personal visit problematic.

Ohio has taken a very  conservative approach in terms  of interpreting  the VFD issue.  Florida has the  most progressive approach that I've found.   From my reading  and our  own state licensing board and veterinary  association officers - it seems that everyone  has to implement a program that complies with the FDA VFD, but how any  individual state handles  that is open  to some interpretation.