From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Dec 2001 21:32:24 -0500
Hello All,
In the December 2001 issue of Bee Culture is one of the best articles I
have read from Mark Winston in awhile. The article is on page fifteen and
titled "Encounters With Humans".  Mark shares  a couple experiences  from
his private emails. One from a Art student wanting to get the picture on
the cover of Mark Winston's book "The biology of the Honey Bee" put in
tatoo form on his body.
Another story which I found interesting was about a woman with a phobia
concerning bees. Mark talked about the many weeks of sessions with a
psychiatrist the woman had to rid herself of the phobia.
In the first session the woman was able to tolerate being in the same room
with a dead drone in a sealed jar. After many weeks (and dollars later!)
the woman was actually able to hold the dead drone in her hand.   The
article has other stories and I have only added enough to get interest up
but to me a very interesting article. Thanks Mark!
Sincerely,
Bob Harrison
Odessa, Missouri