Date:
Wed, 3 Oct 2012 06:10:58 -0400
Interesting.  Sounds good, but there is a lot that is not explained in
that summary, so I hope you don't mind if I ask a few questions.

 > 40 + treatment free hives, sc, foundationless, 1 1/4" frame widths.

Is this 40+ producing hives?

What exactly do you mean by sc, especially if the hives are foundation-less?

 > Avg. honey production was a little over 80 lbs a hive, which was good

That is over the entire 40+ hives?  i.e. 3,200+ lbs?

 > September 24/48 hour natural fall mite counts averaged 3 - 5
 > mites. No hives were over 10. Did sugar rolls counts on 8 big
 > two year old hives to double check and mite counts were all
 > less that 3%.

Appreciate the numbers.  A lot of people don't know what they are doing.
  Seems you do.

Was that early or late September?  How much brood was in the hives at
that point in time?  When is you first real frost?

 > Manage them like they would live in the wild, no feeding, no swarm
controll, no splitting.

But supering and honey harvesting happens, I assume?

What is the annual mortality?

 > started with all local feral survivor stock that I've caught.

40+ is a lot of hives to have just caught in a non-AFB location.

That sounds like a lot of work.  How long have you been at this?