From:
Brian Myers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Oct 1996 12:00:52 -0400
Hello -
  I'm a new-bee, reading and learning and gathering equipment for two
or three hives next spring.  I am considering using the Pierco all-plastic
frames/foundation exclusively.  If anyone has any experience with this
product (good or bad), I'd be interested to hear it.  Also, I had planned
to start with package Buckfast bees from Weaver's in Texas.  Is there any
reason I should consider the Canadian Buckfast breeders instead?  Texas is
closer to my home, so that's a point in their favor (I live in Norman,
Oklahoma, south-central USA).  Thanks in advance - I've learned a lot
already in the 3 months or so I've been following this list.

Regards,
Brian Myers
(p.s. - My wife read the following poem to me last night as we were
discussing bee plans - I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.)
------------

   W.B. Yeats - The Lake Isle of Innisfree

   I will arise and go now, and go to Innisfree,
   And a small cabin build there, of clay and wattles made:
   Nine bean-rows will I have there, a hive for the honeybee,
   And live alone in the bee-loud glade.

   And I shall have some peace there, for peace comes dropping slow,
   Dropping from the veils of the morning to where the cricket sings;
   There midnight's all a glimmer, and noon a purple glow,
   And evening full of the linnet's wings.

   I will arise and go now, for always night and day
   I hear lake water lapping with low sounds by the shore;
   While I stand on the roadway, or on the pavements grey,
   I hear it in the deep heart's core.