Date:
Sat, 2 Dec 1995 21:29:31 -0500
I do not have experience with bees and neighbors.  But I have plenty of
experience with just neighbors, in suburban areas.  (Not so much problems
with me, as problems I see between other people.)  What I see is that
people in suburbs can be really intolerant of anything different, and
their complaints can make you miserable.  Further, smaller town councils
will make new rules prohibiting things (plastic lawn edging,
satellite dishes, certain breeds of dogs, practically anything) if
a few people complain.  Further, even if your present neighbors don't care,
they may move and new people move in who object.

I honestly would abandon the whole idea of living in the suburbs
if I wanted to do anything even slightly unusual on my land.

Perhaps this is not do-able for the writer who asked,
but I think it is the approach that is most likely of any to solve
the problem.
Jefferson is supposed to have said that no one should live close enough
to hear his neighbor's dog bark (or bees buzz?) and it's true.  God knows
I've had enough!

Liz Day
Indianapolis, Indiana, central USA