From:
Ted Fischer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 May 2000 14:48:30 -0400
crpost wrote:

> It has come to our notice that bees will invariably attack an
> electrically driven mowing device, to the extent that even the sparking
> plug lead, wheels and air filter on the mower get stung.

I have a four stroke bee blower, and I often notice that the bees will try
to sting the spark plug at its contact point.  A spring steel strip (for
stopping the blower) is mounted above the plug, and when several bees get
in between they can cause the blower to shut down.  This does tend to get
irritating, especially when one is working fast and now has to stop and
restart the motor.

Ted Fischer
Dexter, Michigan USA