From:
george abbot <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Oct 2008 08:25:47 -0400
> Are there ANY organic apple growers on this side of the Rockies?  I have a
> young apple tree with 5 varieties grafted on it and would like to learn
> organic backyard methods for apple trees.

If you are going to sell, then you have a big problem. But I do not spray
and accept the damage and the apples are great. In fact, our church is
peeling about 80 pounds today for a church supper. Most of the damage is
cosmetic, but that is enough to stop a sale.

As an aside, my cherries did not do well with a lack of bees, but I got my
bees about the time apples bloomed and have a bounty of them.

You can get no-spray varieties, but I tried several and they are not even
close to the quality of traditional apples.

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Maine