From:
"Conrad A. Berube" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 27 Feb 1996 06:20:16 -0800
Re: Bee Boost and QMP

>The person you should talk to at Phero Tech is Doug McCutcheon.  There is
>also a fellow at Simon Fraser University who works with the stuff for
>pollination, but his name escapes me.  He has written an article or two in
>the ABJ in the last couple of years.

I think the fellows you're talking about are Drs. Mark Winston and Steve
Mitchell at SFU.  I've seen some of the work and heard Mark speak (at the
Ent Soc of Canada meeting here in Victoria in October) and the results
(with respect to boosting pollination) were not as cut-and-dried as the
researchers would have liked (worked some years and not others--
speculation was that it worked to attract bees when there were not other
good nectar sources in the area competing for the bees).  If you're
interested do a literature search using their names attached to other
relevant key words.

        -              Conrad Berube
       "  `            ISLAND CROP MANAGEMENT
       "   `           1326 Franklin Terrace
   _- -_`-_|'\  /`     Victoria, B.C.
  \_\ _ /\-._/\/       (604)480-0223; fax (604)656-8922
       /   | |         email: [log in to unmask]
      '`   ^ ^