From:
Andy Nachbaur <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Jul 1998 15:34:53 -0700
The dreaded AFRO Beetle is on the march now having ate it way through
beehive in six Florida counties it has just finished off three hive in
Charleston county South Carolina, on it way north?

If you find your bees have absconded and the honey is running out the hive
entrance you may be the first on your block to have the AFRO Beetle.

You can follow all this activity by reading the BEENEWS and much more like
who's back yard attracted a swarm or who was attacked by the "killer" bees.
All this information is not made up by this editor but is real life drama
from Newspapers world wide and provided to you at no cost other then your
time at:

http://beenet.com/bnews.htm

We also pass on the less then political correct bee information WHEN we can
find it but this last few years there has been more dramatic bad bee news
then the positive kind we would like to see, so bee it, we all need to know
what others are writing about us, good or bad, and that is what the BEENEWS
site provides you. If you have some news that others might want to know
such as a positive story about beekeeping or honeybees then  E-Mail it to
me at:

On the positive side with the bad weather we all seem to be experiencing
from El Nino & now La Nina it is interesting that many bee keepers report
better honey crops then expected earlier or last year but in total its
still to early to predict much more then the commercial crop may be spotty
in the US. If you do have honey to sell it may be wise to check around
before selling it to one buyer.

ttul, the OLd Drone
http://beenet.com