From:
Charles Linder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Jan 2018 14:15:55 -0600
Charles Linder, where can I find this article? I would like to read it for my research paper.
Tom [log in to unmask]

I tried to attach it but PDF  is not allowed.   As Medhat mentioned they used a high concentration,  But I don’t think that negates the data, as they are not making any claims to that effect,  but were in fact looking for damage to the bees, and did a good job documenting it.

I think we can assume that what they found is real good info and  that it does have some negative effects.  This is just my opinion from the paper,  what we really do not know yet as I see it,  was the amount ingested by the bees field realistic?  I would say it probably was.  This is based on what was captured in the dead traps,  the numbers are pretty small,  so I don’t think they overdid it by a huge margin.

This was interesting to me as a friend did dribbles in Sept. this year and had about a 5% loss in 3 weeks.  We thought that a bit odd, as the lost hives were not what we expected at all.

I, and I think Randy also,  have been wondering just how much OA the bees and mites to get in the system  and how.  We from this and other reports do know the bees are ingesting some. Why? When we know they don’t like the taste and avoid it if possible. Does that level vary based on the solution concentration?  Or does the sugar level effect it more? Are they getting it from grooming or at some level is the sugar associated with it still palpable?

Someone may correct me but I think this is still relatively unclear.

Charles