Date:
Tue, 18 May 1999 07:54:01 -0600
My wiring frame is even simpler than Eric Abell's. It consists of a 2x4
with a 3/4" hole. A lag screw is put in a little less than the the length
of a frame from the hole. A 3/4" dowel is set in the hole.

In use, one end bar is placed against the head of the lag screw and the
other end bar is forced down against the dowel. The frame ends are bent,
as in Eric's device and when removed they spring out and tension the
wire. I found it good to put a slotted piece of hardwood under the
lagscrew so that I could adjust the tension.

I have wired about 5000 frames using this device and hated every
minute of it. I now use plastic foundation.

Best regards,

Donald Aitken
Edmonton Alberta Canada