From:
Michael Palmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Feb 2006 14:55:29 -0500
>  Swipe with the under side of the wing towards the comb/bees.  (I have
> never liked how bees got stuck in brush hairs...)

With all the talk about how the standard nylon bristle bee brush stabs the
bees, or how the bees get caught in the bristles, I wonder if the brush is
being used correctly. I use a nylon bristle bee brush, and don't have these
problems.

Don't brush the bees with a sweeping stroke of the brush. That rolls the
bees. They get stuck in the bristles, and get Mad!

Instead, use a short flicking motion of the brush. Hold the frame from one
end bar, hanging the frame over the hive. Start where you are holding the
end bar, and flick an inch or so of bees off with each short stroke,
working your way to the other end bar. The flicking motion doesn't roll the
bees, but knocks them off their feet, and they fall into the hive. It's all
in the wrist. :-)
Mike