From:
James Fischer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Jan 2024 14:38:18 -0500

> *All* forecasts said that Norma was going out to sea when I left La Paz *one week* before it hit and destroyed, damaged, or beached 60 boats.

Looking at the actual stormtrack, I don't see much of a stall there - on the 19th I would have seen the turn north had some momentum behind it, and I would have headed north, and I'd have put up everything, including the bedsheets.  😉
With that much leadtime, even the slowest vessels would have easily avoided the storm, and they had a choice of open ocean, or the Bay.

Radiofax circa 1977 would have shown the same data as in the attached photos, so this was not a failure of "prediction technology".