From:
James Ory <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Jun 1994 12:25:23 EST
> The quickest way would probably to look up beekeeping supplies in the
> yellow pages and ask a local supplier for a phone number of a bee breeder.
> There are several in Louisiana but I don't have an address or number at hand.

Hi Jim,
     I live in Charleston SC and tried to do the same thing i.e. look
it up in the phone book.  NOT   The first place that I was able to
get information was from the local agricural agent and from a friend
in Atlanta that told me to get in touch with the local club and gave
me an old catalogue.  A BIG BIG HELP!! I also bought a few items from
SEARS (not in that side of the business any more) and received another catalogue
from the company supplying them.

I think that maybe the list manager should set up a FAQ that would list all the
nationally affiliated bee clubs and a point of contact for each.
That information shouldn't be too hard to obtain and could only help
them to obtain new, interested members.

David Hinz asked a similar question earlier so I think it would
be a positive addition without detracting from some of the higher
level discussions carried by the board.

AR...Jim Ory - [log in to unmask]

"the views expressed here are not necessairly those of my employer"