From:
Richard Spiekhout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Aug 2000 08:23:51 EDT
oak is heavy.  This is a concern to most bekeepers and the older you get the
more it matters.  I build my hives out of cedar.  It is light and rot
resistant but it is not as strong so I treat them carefully.
Who knows, cedar is supposed to help in closets and such with moths, maybe
mites don't like it either.  The bees don't seem to mine.

Richard
In central Ky.