From:
Bob Darrell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Dec 2013 11:18:18 -0500
Hi All

The Ontario Beekeepers Association tested some commercially prepared
pollen substitute patties on colonies being sent to blueberry
pollination in Quebec and New Brunswick.                   I attend
the OBA AGM each year but am not a member, so only have my memory to
report here as I don't have access to their website.  They did report
that a home made substitute, similar to the recipe below, fared
better than any of the other products tested.

                           White
sugar                                                   100    lb

                           Brewers
yeast                                                   25    lb

                           Dried
eggs                                                       12.5 lb

                           Mineral supplement (cattle/
hen)                       0.5 lb (smallest pack)

                           Mineral
salts                                                         0.5 lb
(smallest pack)

Water
16    cups

Honey
16    cups

                           Canola
oil                                                            3    cups

                           Lemon
juice                                                         3    cups

                           Honey Bee
Healthy                                                    0.5 cups

                           Thymol supplement

Bob Darrell

Caledon Ontario

Canada