From:
Peter L Borst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Oct 2009 19:43:43 -0400
Bob writes:

The bee inspectors are meeting also so you should attend. I usually sit in
on the bee inspectors meeting and usually are asked  questions by one of the
presenters. I doubt many beeks realize beekeepers can attend. Last I
attended had around 3 or 4 commercial beekeepers in attendance.

I'd like to clear one thing up: I am not a bee inspector. I worked for the NYS Apiary Inspection for three years, but now I am known as one of its most outspoken critics. For all the good it does.

Apparently the attitude here is that the government is so wasteful and inept and unwilling to change, that it isn't worth the trouble to attempt it. NYS government is the laughing stock of the Western World.

You have a governor with an unprecedented low approval rating, and what is he doing about it? Running for re-election! Is the only one who knows he isn't wanted? The NYS Senate is only worse. A bigger pack of thieving fools has not been seen -- outside of Washington DC.

As far as commercial beekeepers not being interested in what apiary inspectors have to say, I can't say that surprises me. I am certain that they could think of dozens of ways fund could be put to better use. I know I could.

plb