From:
David Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Jun 1998 22:14:06 -0400
I started my hive just 3 weeks ago and seem to have a good hive going.  I added supers this weekend and have noticed that many of the bees seem to be on the front of the hive floor trying to collect what little syrup leaks from the Boardman feeder.  Are they that anxious to collect syrup, or is there some problem, or is it that I have southern belle bees sitting on the veranda.  I live in south Georgia, and most days recently have been in excess of 90 degrees.
Also we're suffering something of a draught.  We and many of the neighbors water regularly, but we haven't had any rain is 2 weeks.  I am feeding the bees in excess of a quart of syrup a day recently.  Should I add another feeder?  Is there some problem with my hive that I am unaware of?