From:
Gauthier Buddy J <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Aug 1998 09:45:27 -0500
Hello to everyone,

I purchased my 1st hive in April and I'm still learning everyday about bees.
I'm located in south Louisiana and just recently treated my hive with
apistan and terrabrood. My hive is not the strongest hive because of losing
the 1st queen that came with the original shipment and a delay in receiving
the new queen. She is laying and the pattern she is laying is textbook. Out
of the 10 frames in the super, one has nothing but honey and pollen, 2 and a
half frames have brood, 1 is being worked on with comb being built and the
rest are just foundations.

My question is: While I was showing my 11 year old son a frame and examining
closely the eggs and the larvae, we noticed in only 5 or 6 cells of pure
pollen, little dark brown specks which looked like eggs. Like I stated, they
do not appear to be spread out all over the frames, just in one little
section. Does anyone have an idea what I'm dealing with? Is there a website
of pictures I can scroll through to see if I can find a picture of this?

Thanking you in advance,

Buddy Gauthier

Computer Systems Analyst / Greenhorn Bee Man
Cameco Industries, Inc.
Thibodaux, LA  70301
Phone: (504)448-0339
Fax:     (504)435-4704
Email:  [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>