From:
Kent Stienburg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Aug 2001 22:33:37 -0400
Thanks everyone for you incredible wealth of information!   I just got off
the phone with my dad and read to him some of the responses. Haha.. He just
couldn't believe that you could get all this information from this
discussion group.  Since the doctor feels that his glucose level is high due
to his over indulgence.  He is allowed 1 teaspoon of either honey or jam per
day.  My father has a real sweet tooth..but just for those, not candy.  So
he has dropped the jam.   He is already on a special diet so this is why the
doctor is zeroing in on the jam/honey.   Anyway I've noticed that this year
here in Eastern Ontario that my first honey is just a little bit darker and
definitely sweeter and less acidic then other years.  To borrow a wine
tasting expression "the honey finishes very smooth." The golden rod is just
starting here so it's not included in this run.  Anyone else notice any
distinct changes in their crop this year?  A question for Aaron or maybe
Allen I'm not sure..how many people are subscribed to this news group? Would
you have that information?

Kent Stienburg