From:
Hugo Aguirre <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Mar 1999 02:19:01 -0300
Following  Dr. Rodriguez's  idea about using FGMO against the varroa,
prevention and or treatment,  I used it this season and as a result  now I
have the same  kind of hive that I use to have before varroa cames up here:
 2% hive death rate during wintering  -  20 % before FGMO - and 0 % during
spring or summer time - 5% before FGMO-     twice nucs and  honey/hive.

To my 300 hives I just sprayed inside of the boxes and in the top bar a
mixture (prepared just before to use it, and well shaked when it is used)
1 lt. water + 200 gr. sugar + 100 cc FGMO  (lasts  for 50-70 hives).  They
were  sprayed:  at the end of winter (1 time),  in the beginning of spring
(2 times each 15 days),  and the end of fall (2 times each 15 days).

I hope this is usefull for some-one who needs a cheap, easy  and  effective
treatment  against that mite,  like it was to me.-

Good luck - good crop - good prices
**  Hugo Aguirre  =====> [log in to unmask]