From:
Allen Dick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Sep 2000 06:50:39 -0600
> I have seen that in the brood chamber there is no brood and
> nothing else.The frames are empty.In the uper chamber there is still
> some honey left.  What should I do,can I save this colony or it is to late
> because of the coming autumn.

Welcome to BEE-L.

It is too late for a hive with no brood and 'nothing else'.  At this point, just
combine the two colonies for winter and split the large colony next spring.
Check the archives for many ideas on how to combine.  Just visit
http://www.internode.net/HoneyBee/BEE-L/ and follow the link about searching.
Use the keyword 'combine'

> Thanks in advance and sorry if this is unappropriate place to ask such
questions.

It is not exactly inappropriate, but this type of problem has been dealt with
here many times in the past.  As you guessed, the archives could be very
helpful.

As it happens, there is very little discussion on this list in the last few
days, so we are inclined to let just about anything through -- just so people
know that the list is still working.  Otherwise we get email asking if BEE-L
still works.  On the other hand, when things get very busy, the moderators often
just ignore basic beginner questions.  The simple reason is that when the list
volume gets too high we get email saying that there are too many posts on BEE-L,
and some people even quit the list because they cannot keep up with the number
of emails they get.

I would like to remind people with good internet connections that the best way I
have found to limit the volume is to visit
http://www.internode.net/HoneyBee/BEE-L/, choose "How do I join BEE-L or change
my subscription options?" and then choose the Index (HTML format) [HTML INDEX]
option.  That results in only one email a day no matter how much traffic there
is but requires that you read BEE-L while connected to the net.

Another solution is to set the options to 'Digest' which sends you one email a
day with all the posts included.

> PS:How can I get acces to archives off BEE-L?

I hope this answers that question.

allen
---
A Beekeeper's Diary: http://www.internode.net/HoneyBee/Diary/