From:
Marcia Sinclair <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Jun 1996 11:09:30 -0700
Thanks Al. Things seem brighter today. I have only this one colony (now
split in two) and having lost my one and only  colony last year, it seemed I
just wasn't cut out for this. However, I poked about inside my two little
colonies today. There is one queen cell remaining in the new nuc, and I'll
keep a close eye on them, as they are a tiny band of somewhat demoralized
bees. But they are diligently caring for their remaining brood, so I'll
watch for her to immerge. If she doesn't I'll combine them with the original
colony. It too had a single queen cell and the queen was making her debut as
I watched. Assuming each queen can dodge raindrops for a mating flight, I
may still be in business. Meanwhile I'm still trying to tempt that big ol'
honkin' swarm out of the tree. I am a writer, and if nothing else, this
gives me some great material. My discouragement is in part because I am so
invested in these little critters, I can't bear to have them leave me. Your
encouragement makes all the difference. Thanks.