From:
Andy Nachbaur <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Aug 1997 19:06:45 -0700
At 01:56 PM 8/14/97 -1000, you wrote:
>Both USDA-APHIS and the Hawaii Dept. of Agriculture have maintained a
>swarm-trapping program for the past 4 years to detect Africanized honey
>bees in Hawaii. So far, results of FABIS indicate all swarms tested are
>European with high probability. We consider the chances that Africanized
>swarms will enter and become established in Hawaii pretty slim.

Yep, thats it, USDA-APISS, who also do the same job here in California, and
now are looking for the "small" one that got away with a high probability
they won't find it.

Well you better watch those C&H Sugar Ships as now all those millions of
dollar used to convince generations of us that C&H Sugar comes from Hawaii
were only lies, and we are to believe that this ship came in from South
America and not Hawaii.

And I was just getting used to accepting a different version of the same
song that goes "Afrikaner" bees travel first class by train in California,
but all get off in the Imperial Valley and not at the end of track at the
Canadian boarder.

The truth as I know it is that in the years since so called "killer" bees
were first found in the US bees semi loads of bees from the same areas, and
in some cases the same beekeepers have been moving from state to state,
north south east and west with no problems outside of the norm. All the
rules, regulations, taxes, quarantine's, extra personal, and money are not
going to keep disease, pests, or predators out of a livestock industry that
lives on rubber and fuel oil and knows no boarders, and that includes
national ones.

(And pollinates a billion dollars worth of almonds in a few weeks in
California alone.) The horse got out of the barn long ago, about time
we make the best of what nature hands us and forget about regulating the
illiterate bees or their keepers, maybe then I will tell you the rest of
the story.

IMHO, Andy-