From:
Grant Gillard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Apr 2011 07:49:00 -0700
In southeast Missouri, we don't use any kind of written contract.  It's all kind of a "hand-shake" agreement.  All but one yard came at the landlord's request to put bees on their property.  It seems if there was an issue, it would have to come from them.

With my yards, it's understood that I will have access 24/7 (thought common sense tells me to only enter at appropriate times).  I offer my landlords all the honey they want...but most take a couple of quarts for themselves and some squeeze bears at Christmas for their children's families.

I carry liability insurance, but we're still kind of friendly down here.  No formal lease needed.

Grant
Jackson, MO