From:
Kirk Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Jan 2009 08:32:24 -0500
Hi all,

Bob stopped by our Florida farm on his winter tour with the bee bus and we
had a good visit. As a gift, he gave me "Spring without bees", which I was
grateful to read.(actually still reading)

I would agree with some of the Bee-L posters that it is a tad "over the top"
at times with dire forecasts and such. Also I have found that not all the
info is appropriate or totally right on.

That being said, I wouldn't categorically dismiss the basic premise of the
book. That would be a mistake, IMHO. Bob has been the "Lone Ranger" on the
neonic/chem company/sick bee issues on this forum for some time and taken
some "bullets". In spite of this, he is still riding tall in the saddle on
this issue.

Read the book with an open mind and cut a little slack to the author. Be
open to the possibilities of neonic's possible relationship to sick bees.

How many times did the Tobacco industry mislead the public about the dangers
of nicotine and other harmful ingredients in cigs? ? They paraded out
"scientists" to refute the health issues for decades.

All in all, Randy kind of summed up how I view the ongoing debate. Let's
keep open minds and pursue the truth.

Tonto....aka Kirk www.sleepingbearfarms.com