From:
Peter Chiang Mai <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Jan 2011 01:45:54 -0500
Thymol is something of which I know nothing.  I thought I would have an adventure and add some to sugar / water as a feeding additive, feed it and see what happens. I understand now that this can also be used as a varroa control but administered differently.

Trouble is that I was thinking that Thymol is an oil.  Wrong ...  it appears that Thymol is crystals and it is supplied with lots of words of caution.  Nasty stuff apparently.

I have had enormous problems in finding Thymol here, I just happened to ask someone a few days ago if they knew about it and yes, there was some in their factory.  The minimum order is 25kg but I managed to get 500g.

So ...  I am happy to have found this but now I am stuck.  I know that I can add an emulsifier to an oil and mix that in with sugar / water.  I do not know how to use the crystals.  The Internet gives me a few suggestions that relate to the days of imperial measure so I was wondering how to people use this (like prepare it) as a feeding supplement in this modern and progressive era?