From:
Malcolm Roe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Aug 1995 13:14:49 +0100
> Does any one know how to remove propolis from clothing, furniture and any
> other item that can't be scraped?

Propolis is soluable in alcohol.  I suppose you could use whisky but
you'll probably find it a lot cheaper to use some form of denatured
alcohol.  I usually use what we in the UK call methylated spirit.  Soak
some into a piece of rag and dab away.  You need to allow a litle time
for large lumps of propolis to soften first.

BEWARE!  If you're proposing to use it on furniture you should be aware
that french polish, a common finish for wood, particularly in the past,
is soluable in alcohol too.  If in doubt test in a small and
inconspicuous place first.

--
Malcolm Roe                                Phone  :  +44 1442 345104
Crosfield Electronics Ltd                  Fax    :  +44 1442 343000