From:
Date:
Wed, 5 Apr 2000 17:20:19 -0600
At 11:48 AM 4/5/00 -0500, you wrote:
Layne is not the only one to make that connection.  A few years ago, one of
my graduate students was study raptors on the Hanford reservation and I was
also coordinating a project that looked at the potential for conflicts
between birds and wind turbines.  In a meeting with our Natural Resources
groups, who knew of my involvement with birds, it came to light that my
personal research area was bees.  Which resulted in someone asking if that
meant I spent all day thinking about the  "birds and the bees"

Sorry Layne, you started this.

>Jerry Bromenshenk wrote of EPA pesticide testing regulations and how they
have
>a tendency to test chemicals mainly on birds.
>
>Since no one has given him the obvious response begged by his post, I just
had
>to reply:
>
>EPA should not be testing only on birds, but should be testing on
>"the birds AND the bees."  It appears that no one told the EPA about the
birds
>and the bees.  Anyone with a lick of sense knows that the very survival of
the
>human race is dependent upon knowing about the birds AND the bees.  That
should
>be obvious to anyone, including people who work for the EPA, but I guess
maybe
>not.  Sorry...I just couldn't help myself.
>
>Layne Westover
>College Station, Texas

Jerry J. Bromenshenk, Ph.D.
Director, DOE/EPSCoR & Montana Organization for Research in Energy
The University of Montana-Missoula
Missoula, MT  59812-1002
E-Mail: [log in to unmask]
Tel:  406-243-5648