From:
David Eyre <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Aug 1996 14:43:53 -0400
Eric Abell wrote
>Just a suggestion but could you not take drawn comb and scrape it down to
>the midrib.  Most of this will be repaired as drone cells.

Not necessarily correct, a lot depends on what the hive needs at the time.
        I ran out of full sized drone foundation so elected to use shallow
drone wax attached just to the top of the frame, in the hope they would draw
down and complete the frame in drone. Guess what? They drew the top in
drone, but at the end of the foundation they changed to worker cells and
finished the whole frame like that. The queen then ignored the drone cells
but filled the worker cells with brood.
        As I have said before "They do not read the same books we do"

   * David Eyre          9 Progress Drive, Unit 2,  *
   * The Beeworks,    Orillia, Ontario, L3V 6H1. *
   * [log in to unmask]      705-326-7171 *
   * http://www.muskoka.net/~beeworks           *
   *  Agents for: E H Thorne &  B J Sherriff UK. *